NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Gastro Group of the Palm Beaches
2001 North Flagler Drive West Palm Beach, FL 33407
3401 PGA Blvd, Suite 500 Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
1411 N. Flagler Drive, Suite 8700 West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Waterside Ambulatory Surgical Center
2001 N Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33407
FOR YOUR PROTECTION
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
YOUR RECORDS ARE PRIVATE
We understand that information we collect about is personal. Keeping these records private is one of our most important responsibilities. GASTRO GROUP/WATERSIDE follows the HIPAA regulations which require many safeguards to protect your privacy. For this notice, we will use the term “records” to mean the paper or electronic records we maintain about you.
WHO SEES AND SHARES MY RECORDS?
Your records may be used and disclosed by the employees at GASTRO GROUP/WATERSIDE who serve you, as well as persons or agencies who work for us and sign strict confidentiality contracts.
In general, we may use and disclose your information for treatment, payment and healthcare operations. Specific examples include:
– Providing treatment for your medical problems, including ordering lab tests, making referrals to other healthcare providers, and consulting with other medical providers you have seen,
– To secure payment, for example, a billing clerk will electronically transmit billing information to your insurance company or 3rd party payer
– Certain business associates, who are under contract to maintain confidentiality, may see your information. For example, if you accidently overpay, and we send a refund check, our accountant may see this refund check.
– For other operations to operate and manage GASTRO GROUP/WATERSIDE: these include improving quality of care, training staff, managing costs, and conducting other business duties. For example, a quality assurance reviewer may audit your records to determine whether appropriate services were provided,
– To remind you or an appointment for services.